Media Diversified is a social enterprise working to enrich, engage and improve the UK’s media landscape.
Media Diversified is a social enterprise working to enrich, engage and improve the UK’s media landscape. The organisation was founded in 2013 by filmmaker, Samantha Asumadu with a mission to challenge the homogeneity of voices in UK news media, through addressing the under-representation of BAME communities.
We carry out our mission in three ways.
An online magazine by and from diaspora
Our progressive digital platform features comment and opinion on subjects ranging from politics, society, culture and lifestyle, with a dedicated academic space providing insight from the humanities and social sciences on today’s issues.
MD Online showcases the rich diversity of journalistic and creative talent within BAME communities and acts as a supportive space for individuals to grow and develop, whilst driving forward conversations with our engaged audience.
You can contribute to our independent platform by subscribing here.
Consultancy and collaborations
To support and drive wider progress towards representation and inclusivity in the media and creative industries, we offer dedicated consultancy, training and partnership opportunities.
Find out more about how you can work with us here.
Publications, campaigns and events
Since we started we’ve published two books, Complicit No More and From the Lines of Dissent, created an awards ceremony for poor-quality journalism, The Trashies, launched the Bare Lit Festival of writing, and the Jhalak Prize book award.
- As with wedding parties droned in Pakistan, the martyred souls in Christchurch are a result of a constant institutional diet of hate and islamophobia
- Femonationalism: White saviour feminism in Afghanistan
- Accessing NHS treatment as a young Black woman forced me to self-diagnose online
- Race rewritten: Brown Gypsy erasure in British media
- No Outsiders: Why British Muslims must speak out for LGBTQ equality