Real Media is a cooperative of journalists dedicated to public interest journalism and challenging mass media distortion.
Real Media is a cooperative of journalists dedicated to public interest journalism and challenging mass media distortion. We believe the large media organisations, as they currently exist, largely serve the interest of a small establishment – their owners, their advertisers and the governments that they get most of their information from. This pattern of ownership and structure results in a narrowing window of debate and the decline of public interest journalism. We exist to challenge this state of affairs.
REAL MEDIA AIMS TO:
- Shift public debate
- Impact national policy on media ownership
- Work in collaboration with other independent media and campaign organisations
- Provide challenging public interest journalism
- Maintain independence as a media co-operative.
- WATCH: Shell Knew
- WATCH: David Whyte – 30 Years On: Piper Alpha & What We Should Have Learned Before Grenfell
- Amusing Ourselves to Death S2 Ep3 — No Airports in the Climate Change Commission Report
- WATCH: Third Runway Vote: Heathrow Hunger Strikers Rally
- LISTEN: (Up)Skirting the Rules – Who is Christopher Chope? (AOTD S2E2)