Real Media is a cooperative of journalists dedicated to public interest journalism and challenging mass media distortion.
Real Media is a cooperative of journalists dedicated to public interest journalism and challenging mass media distortion. We believe the large media organisations, as they currently exist, largely serve the interest of a small establishment – their owners, their advertisers and the governments that they get most of their information from. This pattern of ownership and structure results in a narrowing window of debate and the decline of public interest journalism. We exist to challenge this state of affairs.
REAL MEDIA AIMS TO:
- Shift public debate
- Impact national policy on media ownership
- Work in collaboration with other independent media and campaign organisations
- Provide challenging public interest journalism
- Maintain independence as a media co-operative.
- IWGB take a coffin to the Mayor in minicab protest
- Buddhist climate action group protest at Barclays bank
- John McDonnell speaks at United Voices of the World grassroots union rally
- The Tufton Street Network – Hacking our democracy
- Old Tidemill Wildlife Park – Locals begin direct action occupation to save 74 trees