Real Media is a cooperative of journalists dedicated to public interest journalism and challenging mass media distortion.
Real Media is a cooperative of journalists dedicated to public interest journalism and challenging mass media distortion. We believe the large media organisations, as they currently exist, largely serve the interest of a small establishment – their owners, their advertisers and the governments that they get most of their information from. This pattern of ownership and structure results in a narrowing window of debate and the decline of public interest journalism. We exist to challenge this state of affairs.
REAL MEDIA AIMS TO:
- Shift public debate
- Impact national policy on media ownership
- Work in collaboration with other independent media and campaign organisations
- Provide challenging public interest journalism
- Maintain independence as a media co-operative.
- Defend Afrin: Protest against US/UK support of Turkey as Afrin faces attacks
- The Tory-Trump plan to kill food safety with Brexit chicken
- WATCH: Carne Ross – Catalonia & Rojava – Anarchist Insurgencies?
- INEOS HQ: The Fracking Company With An Injunction Against Protests Gets a Visit
- WATCH: ‘We won’t let you take our votes in May, and evict us in June’ – Haringey Council Lobby #STOPHDV