The Overtake is a national news website for millennials based in Leeds. We’re an antidote to the straight, white, middle-class mainstream media.
Do you ever feel like you should be better at keeping up with the news?
We had that feeling too and we’ve worked as journalists for years, writing for national and international publications.
If you’re anything like us, you’ll find it hard to click on articles that you should probably read.
“I should try harder to follow the news,” you think.
Well actually, we think the news should try harder to follow you.
The Overtake is about you. It’s not about the exclusively straight, white, middle-class people who make up the London-centric media, that we already hear so much from already.
We’re proudly based in the North of England and we’re completely independent. That means we’re not owned by a big media company, venture capital firm or private investors. We’re owned by hard-working journalists who care about the future of the media and are working for you.
- The dark side: 20 years of The Phantom Menace and toxic fans
- How Zac Efron became Ted Bundy for a revolutionary type of serial killer movie
- Benefit fraud is at a record high – we look inside the murky vengeful world of reporting cheats
- Dubrovnik: the stunning Croatian destination that’s a Game of Thrones location
- Jeremy Kyle exploited people who had two arms and ate sandwiches