The Overtake is a national news website for millennials based in Leeds. We’re an antidote to the straight, white, middle-class mainstream media.
Do you ever feel like you should be better at keeping up with the news?
We had that feeling too and we’ve worked as journalists for years, writing for national and international publications.
If you’re anything like us, you’ll find it hard to click on articles that you should probably read.
“I should try harder to follow the news,” you think.
Well actually, we think the news should try harder to follow you.
The Overtake is about you. It’s not about the exclusively straight, white, middle-class people who make up the London-centric media, that we already hear so much from already.
We’re proudly based in the North of England and we’re completely independent. That means we’re not owned by a big media company, venture capital firm or private investors. We’re owned by hard-working journalists who care about the future of the media and are working for you.
- EU nationals in the UK continue living in torturous uncertainty
- The BBC cenotaph cock-up was an honest mistake in a dishonest media
- Britain fed capitalism to the rest of the world – now our planet is seeing the devastating effect
- Will Brexit cause a race to the bottom on farm animal welfare?
- I’m a fake psychic and here’s how I trick you